Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
￼FBN's primary mission is to provide farmers with an unbiased and independent platform for agricultural analytics, using proprietary models based on ground truth data, satellite imagery, weather models, and the combined experience of our network of farmers. We aim to be a place where farmers can get credible insights on what equipment, seeds and practices would work best on their farm.
We're looking for a mission driven software engineer to lead the construction of our big data analytics platform.
Once you join our team, you will be expected to:
- Prototype and develop the distributed data store associated with our proprietary models and supporting FBN's core analytics platforms.
- Work with R&D in providing them with analytic tools, allowing clustering, cleaning and processing of large volumes of GIS data.
- Assist our frontend engineers and operations team in providing our farmers the best possible business analytics and data visualization experience.
You have years of experience with the following technologies:
- Strong programming and debugging skills in Java or C/C++.
- Strong knowledge of OS, distributed systems and databases (NoSQL or relational).
- Strong scripting skills in Ruby, Python or related languages for tools and testing development.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- A love for agriculture and the mission of helping farmers.
- B.Sc. or greater in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Health insurance
- Stock options
- Farm visits!
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.